EIFS Installation In Miami-Dade County
EIFS stands for Exterior insulation and finish system. EIFS was designed to be anon-load bearing cladding and insulation system. Properly installed EIFS provides your building exterior with a beautiful finished surface that improves curb appeal and it’s also water and weather resistant and even provides insulation qualities as well. It’s the perfect exterior cladding solution for many different types of commercial buildings including those with complex architectural lines such as as curves or other design features that would be difficult to clad with traditional materials.
It’s been in use for several decades (since the 1960’s) but EIFS systems have gotten a bad rap from a history of problems and failures mostly related to water intrusion that caused extensive damage to buildings. These older systems often had inadequate drainage in place to allow water and moisture to escape. This is why it’s critically important to hire an EIFS contractor that knows and understands EIFS systems and how to properly install them, it’s not complicated, but there is little room for error or neglect if you want the system to last as intended.
Why Do You Want EIFS Installed On Your Building?
There are many different reasons to use EIFS on your structure but it can help us to know specifically “why” you want this type of cladding on your structure. It helps us determine the proper materials for your particular project.
- Do you need an exterior cladding solution that is flexible?
- Do you want the ability to add custom texturing or coloring?
- Do you want an exterior cladding solution that provides excellent insulation?
- Do you need a cladding system that can adapt to complex curves or architectural design?
Miami Fresh Renovations is a remodeling contractor based out of Miami-Dade County that specializes in the installation of EIFS exterior cladding for both residential and commercial applications. We are experienced with the most popular EIFS cladding systems including DryVit, Senergy, Parex, and Sto.
We Can Install EIFS Systems On The Following Structures:
- New construction projects
- Office buildings
- Strip malls
- Hotels and motels
- Residential homes
- Restaurant exteriors
- Retail store exteriors
What’s The Difference Between Stucco vs. EIFS
Stucco and EIFS are in fact quite different, even though many people interchange the names. Stucco is manufactured using Portland cement plaster applied over a substrate. EIFS is actually a synthetic material using an acrylic-based system that consists of multiple layers.
Your Typical EIFS System Includes:
- A water-resistive barrier (WRB) to cover the substrate.
- A drainage plane between the WRB and the insulation board (which is typically a polystyrene).
- Glass-fiber reinforcement mesh on the insulation board.
- A water-resistant base coat is applied on top of the insulation board to serve as a weather barrier.
- Lastly a finish coat is applied to add color, texture, and additional protection.
Modern EIFS systems have solved many of the problems with traditional stucco and this is why it’s becoming such a popular building material, especially in commercial applications where low maintenance and curb appeal are important.
More Benefits Of EIFS Cladding Systems
There are many benefits to installing EIFS cladding on your building exterior. Here are a few more:
- Excellent R-value for insulation and thermal efficiency.
- Reduces condensation and can prevent mould.
- It’s earthquake and fire resistant.
- Flexible and ideal for curved structures and complex architectural lines.
- The color and textures can be customized.
- Low maintenance when installed correctly.
Miami Fresh Renovations Installs EIFS Cladding Systems
Are you looking for a qualified contractor to install an EIFS exterior on your new or existing building? Miami Fresh Renovations specializes in the installation of EIFS systems and we have the knowledge and expertise to complete a wide variety of EIFS projects.
Miami Fresh Renovations is owned and operated by William Perez-Borroto. In addition to being a certified general contractor he also holds a masters degree in construction management and has executed over $70 million managing construction and renovation work within custom homes, condos, office buildings, and community club houses in Miami-Dade County.
When you choose to work with Miami Fresh Renovations for your EIFS installation project you’re partnering with an industry professional who cares about your project and the final product.
If you’d like to schedule an estimate to install EIFS on your building please give us a call (786) 382-1507 or fill out our contact form and we’ll get right back to you.